The Reaching Your Dream Foundation had a terrific 2015 in many ways, but mostly we were inspired by the difference we are making in the young players lives. In 2016 we will be focusing more on supporting individual players in very deep and meaningful ways and will begin implementing our Fitness Forever Program, a community engagement program of activities in under-served communities by helping adults and youth in the areas of health and fitness.
Here are some of the benchmarks we are hitting in 2016:
• Created a careful selection process to choose players who will receive RYDF support including four Featured Players who will receive a financial stipend to help them reach their dream of playing professional racquetball
• Aimee Ruiz to create criteria and standards for the RYDF supported players a program to follow to help them grow personally and professionally on and off the court. Aimee will work directly with these players to help them learn to brand themselves in ways to enhance their careers, the foundation, and the sport of racquetball
• Rocky Carson will continue to work with Featured and sponsored players to develop their interpersonal skills to be ambassadors of the sport and to properly brand themselves to their best advantage
• Recruited Mike Manoske, a well-known and respected professional Personal Coach, who has graciously volunteered to work with RYDF Featured Players and supported players on how to maximize their potential and learn to think strategically about their current situations and future.
• Began to implement the Fitness Forever program which will allow RYDF sponsored players to promote and teach health and fitness activities, including learning to play racquetball, to the youth in under-served communities beginning with the cities of Stockton and Oakland
• We have allocated $10,000 ($5000 each) to support two Recreational Vehicles which transport players to professional tour stops. The foundation has deemed this the RYDF Road Warriors